Available Position: Communications Specialist
The Texas Institute for Child & Family Wellbeing is committed to uniting social work research and practice. We do this by connecting communities to our research, trainings, and programs, as well as through our digital communications platforms. We are looking for someone to join our communications team to help us expand our work online by assisting with the analysis, planning, and distribution of digital content for our institute, and assist in the research and development of various social marketing campaigns. Strong candidates bring research, analytics and analysis experience, are excellent writers and thrive in a co-creative, collaborative environment. We are also looking for someone who is ready to learn and take on new challenges, and who understands how important it is to meet people where they are.
- Length of Appointment: Ongoing
- Salary: 45,900
- Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours a week
- Location: Hargis Hall, UT Main Campus
- Benefits: UT Full Time Benefits
- Monitors and suggests communications growth strategies by producing reports of web analytics and collaborates on the implementation of digital communication initiatives and goals.
- Assists communications team in implementation of communications strategies and goals for institute social marketing campaigns.
- Assists in compelling, relevant, and high-quality content research and curation for Institute websites, newsletters, and social media channels
- Creates websites & social media channels and works with communications team to maintain them.
- Works to build and maintain databases and listservs for newsletter recipients, donors and conference participants
- Assists communications team in distributing graphics, photography, video and dynamic digital storytelling to continually enhance communications channels
- Assists with the planning and development of the institute’s communications strategic plan and editorial calendar.
- Assists institute researchers in the writing and editing of research publications, presentations and reports
- Stays up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies and applications for digital communications
- Assists with internal communications processes
Bachelor’s degree and moderate experience using WordPress or other CMS systems to create and maintain websites. Moderate experience with Google and social media analytics. Experience managing and creating SEO-optimized social media channels, marketing campaigns, MailChimp newsletters, and websites for organizations concerned with social issues. Excellent communication, writing and editing abilities, with knowledge of American Psychological Association (APA style) and Associated Press (AP) style. Extremely careful attention to details and accuracy. Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions and take initiative, and comfortable working as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task and keep projects well-organized and on deadline. Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional team, positive attitude, teachable and able to comply with policies, procedures and goals of the institute. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Master’s degree in communications or marketing, OR in Social Work, Public Health, Psychology, or other social science. Experience conducting social marketing campaigns. Knowledge and familiarity of social issues such as child welfare, adolescent health, child maltreatment prevention, immigration, education, healthcare. Bilingual in Spanish.
Deadline to Apply is October 31st
Please apply here: http://bit.ly/txicfwcommshire
No Phone Calls