Available Position: Senior Academic Program Coordinator
This position will direct the Child Welfare Education Collaboration (CWEC) program, serve as Field Coordinator for Child Protective Services (CPS) and supervise interns and CPS staff in final field placement.
This is a grant-funded position and reassignment will be based on performance, progress toward research goals and continuation of funding.
- Manages the Child Welfare Education Collaboration (CWEC) through supervision of staff, program planning, budget development and monitoring and running the day to day operations.
- Coordinate with the Steve Hicks School of Social Work (SHSSW) Field Program to recruit BSW/MSSW candidates to intern and employment with CPS, screen and process applications, interview potential Child Welfare Education Collaboration (CWEC) students.
- Engage with community based service providers in Department of Family Protective Services (DFPS) region 7 to play an active role in developing field placements and training as the region shifts to community based care.
- Serve as field instructor and field liaison to CWEC students at Child Protective Services (CPS) field placement, including supervision, instruction, monitoring, and evaluation of student performance.
- Teach on Child Protective Service topics in social work classes as requested and teach child welfare related classes as available.
- Serve on relevant CWEC committees (Field and others), School activities, and CPS employment panels.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or field related to work to be performed. At least 5 years of experience working with Child Protective Services (CPS), directly or indirectly. Minimum three years of experience supervising staff, including students. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Master’s degree in Social Work or field related to work to be performed with at least 3 years of experience working with Child Protective Services (CPS), directly or indirectly. Experience with field supervision.
$60,000 – $65,000 + depending on qualifications
May work around standard office conditions
Repetitive use of keyboard at a workstation
Remote work from residence
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Writing Sample