Position Announcement: Fatherhood Engagement Specialist
The Fatherhood Engagement Specialist
The Texas Institute for Child and Family Wellbeing is currently seeking a part-time Fatherhood Engagement Specialist for a short-term and flexible contract. The Fatherhood Engagement Specialist will organize and facilitate workgroups at schools who have participated in the Strong Fathers Strong Families program to better understand fatherhood engagement and explore adaptations to the program. The goal is to help schools identify strategies that fit their needs and culture to improve father engagement and build these strategies into existing Strong Fathers Strong Families programming.
The position will be contracted by the Texas Institute for Child and Family Wellbeing (TXICFW), at the Steve Hicks School of Social Work, at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Length of Appointment: February 1, 2023- tentative end date of August 31, 2023
- Position Type: Part-time, 600 hours total at $36/hour
- Location: remote work with travel to in-person meetings within and outside of Austin
- Degree or certificate in education, social work or related field.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Strong preference for bilingual in Spanish
- Professional and/or lived experience with fatherhood engagement in schools
- Experience with relationship building in schools
- Experience organizing and facilitating groups or workshops
- Experience with project management
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Highly organized and flexible
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- $36/hour, contract-hourly
Diversity and inclusion commitment
We strive to apply anti-racist principles to our work and recognize that doing so requires us to constantly evaluate ourselves and our agency. We feel that diverse identities enhance our team and our work. We recognize that individuals with identities that have historically been excluded, oppressed and/or undervalued may not meet the required qualifications for this position due to issues accessing higher education, mentorship and connections for advancement. We encourage individuals with such identities and experiences to apply for this position or any others at our institute by including an explanation about how their skills and knowledge qualify them for the position.
Deadline to apply is January 27, 2022
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please reach out to Monica Faulkner, PhD, LMSW, at email@example.com