UT Child Welfare Conference 2017- Call for Presenters!
UT Child Welfare Conference 2017
In the Child Welfare field, we encounter youth who are disproportionally represented in the system or do not have access to the resources they need due to their status or identity. As a child welfare practitioner, researcher and/or advocate it is essential that we learn more about their experiences and learn the skills needed to guide them to successful outcomes. This is why we are focusing on special populations for the 2017 UT Child Welfare Conference. Please consider submitting a proposal that focuses on one or more of the following:
- Teen Pregnancy
- Youth w/ disabilities
- LGBTQ Youth
- Other special populations
*$100 dollar honorarium for presenters!
Deadline to apply: Friday, August 18, 2017
What to expect at the UT Child Welfare Conference:
Who Attends?: For the past 4 years 150-200 local child welfare practitioners, researchers, and advocates join us for our annual conference.
What: The conference offers high-quality professional development workshops throughout the day after the conference keynote session.
When: Friday, November 3, 2017
Where: The St. Vincent de Paul Auditorium, Seton Administrative Offices
Why present at the UT Child Welfare Conference?:
1. Share your expertise with an engaged audience of child welfare professionals.
2. Receive feedback on your presentation from attendees.
3. Network and build partnerships with other local service providers.
4. Market your programs to a broader community.
5. All presenters will be a feature spotlight on the Texas Institute for Child & Family Wellbeing’s communication channels.