Strong Fathers Strong Families Research Project
The Texas Institute for Child & Family Wellbeing has been contracted by the Annie E. Casey Foundation to conduct a participatory action research project to gain feedback from school communities that have implemented the Strong Fathers Strong Families program, a father engagement program implemented at schools. This is a follow up to the process evaluation of Strong Fathers Strong Families programming where TXICFW researchers found that programming could benefit from being tailored to each school community.
About Strong Fathers Strong Families
Strong Fathers Strong Families Campus Program is a school-based fatherhood program that aims to improve father engagement in their child’s education both at school and at home. There are a variety of events within their program, but this project will focus on are the single-day short events implemented at schools that are:
- Bring Your Dad to School Day
- Subject specific events (math, science, and reading) that occur in the morning before school or evening after school
To conduct this participatory action research project, TXICW will:
- Onboard two school districts that have implemented Strong Fathers Strong Families to participate in community engagement project.
- Recruit Community Engagement Liaisons who are part of the school community at each school to help co-design feedback sessions with a Fatherhood Engagement Specialist.
- Recruit and conduct feedback sessions about Strong Fathers programming and identify programmatic changes.