Learn about our institute with this video!
The Texas Institute for Child & Family Wellbeing (TXICFW) is a team of researchers and practitioners developing and refining knowledge to improve how systems interact with children and families. We conduct research, evaluate interventions and programs, develop and administer trainings and build program capacity in child welfare, adolescent health, family’s economic and social supports, and immigration. We are proudly located within the Steve Hicks School of Social Work at The University of Texas at Austin.
Equitable communities and systems where all children and families thrive.
- Communities, children, and families should drive decision-making in their lives.
- Services for children and families should focus on prevention, providing resources, and sharing power.
- Communities should be empowered to develop, use, and adapt culturally relevant practices.
- Social justice. We strive to ensure our work promotes equity in communities, families, and systems.
- Relationships. We center the lived experiences of all individuals in our work.
- Integrity. We act with honesty and in the best interest of promoting equitable outcomes.
- Openness. We engage in ongoing reflection individually and as an organization to understand our positionality and opportunities for improvement.
Our Theory of Change