Graduate & Undergraduate Research Assistants
The Texas Institute for Child & Family Wellbeing conducts research on the well-being of children, families, and child care in order to guide policy and practice in Texas. Annually, the TXICFW is responsible for conducting the Child Care Market Rate Survey, a statewide survey used to obtain current information about child care rates in Texas. The survey is used by local workforce development boards to set child care subsidy rates. Research assistants are used to collect data for the Market Rate Survey and assist in data collection and analysis with other currently funded projects.
- Length of Appointment: September 1, 2017 – May 30, 2018 with potential ongoing employment opportunities through the summer and into the 2018-19 school year!
- Position Type: 10 to 20 hour Research Assistant appointment available
- Location: Lake Austin Center (LAC) 3001 Lake Austin Blvd, 78703
- Conduct phone interviews with Texas child care providers
- Track study participants and incentives
- Assist team in reviewing and editing reports including the annual market rate survey report
- Document and update study procedures and instructional manuals
- Translate English surveys and study documents to Spanish & Vietnamese
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Enrolled as a UT student
- Can do, positive attitude
- Ability to work well in a team atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a fine tuned attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information discretely
- Background or familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods strongly preferred
- Bilingual candidates needed
- Spanish proficiency important!
- 1 available position for a Vietnamese speaker!
Graduate Student Benefits (Per UT Policy) may include:
- Out of State Tuition Waivers
- Paid university holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Medical benefits for 20 hour graduate student appointments
Deadline to apply is Friday August 25, 2017. To apply send letter of interest and resume to Shannon Mann – email@example.com
No phone calls please.
The Texas Institute for Child & Family Wellbeing receives many requests from students interested in volunteer opportunities for specific projects. We do not have the capacity to take volunteers and interns on a regular basis but do have some instances where we can provide unpaid learning opportunities to students interested in delving more into social work research. If you would like to be considered for volunteer and internship opportunities as they arise, please fill out the form here: